The Mahle PowerPak is a complete, race proven piston assembly kit. It is composed of hand deburred, forged, performance coated pistons, high quality steel pins, round wire locks and low drag performance file fit rings.
Performance coatings include a phosphate dry lubricant that is used to protect against ring micro-welding and pin galling during initial startup and break in. For added performance, MAHLE applies its proprietary Grafel anti-friction coating to each piston skirt.
Mahle 4032 aluminum alloy is a high-silicon, low-expansion alloy. Pistons made from this alloy can be installed with tighter piston to bore clearance, resulting in a tighter seal with less noise. 4032 is a more stable alloy, so it will retain characteristics such as ring groove integrity, for longer life cycle applications. Relative to 2618, 4032 is a less ductile alloy, making it less forgiving when used with boosted and/or nitrous applications.
- ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS = EJ20 / EJ207
- COMPRESSION RATIO = 8.6:1
- PART WEIGHT = 359g
- PIN SIZE = 23mm
- COMPRESSION HEIGHT = 32.7mm
- ROD LENGTH = 130.5mm
- STROKE = 75mm
- BORE = 93.00mm
- MATERIAL = 4032 LOW EXPANSION
- BORE SIZE = +1.00mm
- Compression ratio (CR) is calculated at 0.3mm below deck and 0.6mm head gasket thickness.
- 1.2, 1.2, 2.5mm Performance Ring Set Included
- 4032 alloy is perfect for mild to medium builds that experience colder temperatures as these pistons do not expand compared to 2618 high expansion alloy, which will increase cold start piston slap and not recommended for colder weather.