The 1-piece driveshaft for the Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 / Scion FR-S is a complete 2.75in carbon fiber driveshaft that is approximately 1/2 the weight of the factory 2-piece driveshaft. The 1-piece carbon shaft features larger, replaceable u-joints and can handle about 850WHP. Driveshaft Shop had the tubing custom wound with a high modulus fiber to ensure the strength while making it small enough to clear everything under the car. All of the factory shields, plates and covers can be used without any alteration to the car at all. The ends are made from 6061-T6 aluminum and that shaft weighs a mere 12.2lbs. Not only will the car feel more responsive but it will also make a noticeable difference on the noise level in the car.
By removing the factory 2-piece shaft and installing a single shaft, the car will feel more responsive due to the lighter weight of the shaft and also the fact that the hanger bearing is not moving up and down during acceleration.
- 2.75in diameter
- 1-piece design
- Carbon fiber construction
- Approximately 1/2 the weight of the factory driveshaft
- Reduces rotational mass for improved acceleration and performance
- Larger, replaceable u-joints
- Custom wound with a high modulus fiber to ensure the strength
- This part is for the MANUAL transmission models only!